Level 5 Certificate in Aesthetic Practice
The QUALIF level 5 certificate in aesthetic practice is an advanced, degree level qualification. It is designed and regulated by the awarding body QUALIF, ensuring the course meets exceptionally high standards, and is based upon Health Education England guidance relevant to the delivery of non-surgical cosmetic interventions.
The QUALIFI level 5 certificate course in aesthetic practice provides a specialist work-related programme of study that delivers breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, along with practical skills required in the aesthetics sector. All five units studied under the QUALIFI level 5 certificate programme in aesthetic practice cover a number of topics relating to learning outcomes.
The aim of this programme is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their aesthetic practice capabilities within the health and aesthetic sector. Upon completion of this course, you will possess a regulated UK qualification, recognised by the aesthetics industry globally.
Course eligibility criteria:
A minimum of a level 4 qualification in a related sector, 3 years’ relevant work experience or a Basic Life Support (BLS) and Anaphylaxis Management Training
Fully accredited through QUALIFI UK
The Qualifi level 5 certificate in aesthetic practices comprises five units in total: three at level 5, one at level 6 and one at level 7.
What is the significance of our level 5 certificate in aesthetic practice?
- QUALIF regulated and accredited advanced aesthetics course
- QUALIFI registration & certification included
- Further develop your knowledge and expertise within the aesthetics sector
- Apply subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems
- Enable you to develop an understanding of moral and ethical issues of aesthetics practice, appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- Be able to apply subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems
- Develop your ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve transferable skills to meet changing needs
- Progress your professional development (CPD) through continued study
- Be competent in Skin Needling and Chemical Peel treatments, including consultations
- Be able to assess and deal with complications, contraindications, problem-solving, and aftercare
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, assemble arguments in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists
- Adapt to changes in the aesthetics industry
Why choose Second Look Academy for your Level 5 Certificate in Aesthetic Practice?
- Flexible learning programme to fit around your schedule
- Personal tutor to support you throughout
- Taught by a highly qualified team with a combined industry experience of over 60 years
- Training manuals and course materials included
- Live models provided
- Fully insured
- Instalment and finance options available
How is the QUALIFI level 5 certificate programme in aesthetic practice assessed?
You will complete two research assignments and multiple short answer questions for each of the five units.
Full Price: £1,995
After completion of the level 5 certificate in aesthetic practice, we recommend completing the level 7 certificate in aesthetic practice, a post-graduate degree level course, to truly become a master of the aesthetics field.
How is the course taught?
The course is taught using a variety of methods, including formative and summative assignments, worksheets, assessor observation, peer assessment and a portfolio of product evidence. You will attend lectures and workshops, covering practical skills with associated knowledge, including working on clients in real time.
Modules that we teach under the level 5 certificate programme in aesthetic practice include:
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements in Aesthetic Practice
- Professional Standards within Aesthetic Practice
- Working Collaboratively with Healthcare Professionals
- Anatomy, Physiology and Morphology of the Ageing Face
- Skin Micro-needling and Chemical Peels
- Aesthetic Practitioner
- Advanced Skin Specialist
- Clinical Manager
- Product Specialist
- Aesthetic Researcher